The gite is a beautiful stone house, constructed recently in traditional style by its owner. The house is situated on the edge of the village, and has stunning panoramic views across the valley of the River Agly with its Roman aqueduct, and to the mountains beyond. To make the most of its surroundings, the house has been designed with large windows on two levels overlooking the valley, as well as a spacious, well-equipped terrace.
The gite is rated 3 ‘epis’ (ears of corn) by the Gites de France organisation.
The house has been finished and fitted out to the highest specification by its owner, and offers 145 square metres of living space across two floors. The entrance is at the higher level which leads onto the Place du Sarradet, a quiet and sunny small square with no through traffic. The gite has its own parking space here.
Kids (and adults) will find many games available in the gîte : board games, puzzles, mini-pool, mini table football, Carrom (indian billard), Comics, ball games, etc.
The upper level has :
– a bedroom with a double bed (160cm wide),
– a bathroom with toilet,
– the living room
– a fully fitted kitchen
– the terrace (15 m2 with view over the valley).
From Place du Sarradet, access to the upper level of the gite is by five broad steps of less than 5cm height. The italian (no steps) shower room on this level has a seat within the shower, raised WC and grab rails; this level is adapted for use by guests with reduced mobility.
The lower level has :
– one bedroom with two single beds (90cm wide),
– a large living room with a view on the valley. This living room can be divided into two bedrooms : one with three single beds (90cm wide) and one living area with a sofabed (the bed is a 140cm wide double bed).
– a bathroom and a separate WC.
A great cultural heritage
The village thanks to its location will give you quick access to the cultural richness of the region.
Over time the successive passage of many cultures in our region, has created a great cultural heritage. From human prehistoric (Tautavel : one of the oldest human remains in Europe), from the Roman-Wisigo to the Cathars, the Romanesque and Baroque, the landscape is everywhere marked by these cultures.
Many village festivals, concerts and events are held throughout the region.
In The Fenouillèdes mountainous region (200 to 1500 m high) you can participate in many sports. Hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking to in water sports and climbing, you will discover the enchanting landscape of the region. For your convenience, local detailled maps are available at the gîte as well as hiking guides. François will be glad to give you some advice.
The Fenouillèdes is a land rich in local products. The famous vineyards, local crafts (pottery) and other products (honey, cheese) of soil are well represented in our valley AGLY.
|The house offers family accommodation on two levels for 7 to 9 people|
|Upper Ground Floor (suitable for people with reduced mobility):
– Open-plan living area with wood-burning fire, sofa and easy chairs
– Dining area with table and chairs
– Fully-fitted kitchen area with electric hob and oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher.
– 15 square metre terrace overlooking the valley with garden furniture and barbecue.
– Shower room with seat in shower, raised WC with grab handles, washbasin.
– Double bedroom (160cm wide bed).
|Lower ground floor:
– Bedroom 2 with two single beds (90cm wide beds)
– Bedroom 3 with three single bed (90cm wide bed), living area with TV (French channels only) and sofabed (140cm wide bed)
– Bathroom with washing machine
– Separate WC.
|– Electrical heating.
– Parking space.
– Baby equipment is available on request.
– Sorry – we cannot accept pets.